See below for Hants & Dorset ARA Club and Event Water Safety Advisers.
The 2016 version of British Rowing's RowSafe document has now been issued and can be found HERE.
Availability of Defibrillators.
Following the incident at Southsea Regatta this year and at Poole last year an exercise to establish the availability of Defibrillators at H&D Clubs and Events. A survey of Clubs and Events has been undertaken asking -
- The Location, if known, of the nearest unit to your Clubhouse.
- The Location, if known, of the nearest units to the location of any events you stage.
- The First Aid Provider - at your events.
- Dose your First Aid Provider provide a Defibrillator an staff trained to use it.
The results of this survey can be downloaded in pdf format here
The results of the survey will be considored by the H&D Safety Sub Committee at its annual meeting in January/February, 2017.
Hants & Dorset Safety information.
- Supplied Safety Equipment (by the Association for Race Officials).
- HDARA Water Safety Policy
- British Rowing/HDARA Event Audit Form
- HDARA Boat Inspection Check Sheet
- River Itchen Code of Practice.
Safety Meetings -
Minutes of Safety Meetings.
- 2012 Safety Meeting - Christchurch
- 2013 Safety Meeting - Southsea Presentation - 2013 Safety Meeting Power Point Presentation
- 2014 Safety Meeting - Westover - Hengistbury Head Outdoor Education Centre. Presentation.
- 2015 Safety Meeting - Itchen - Presentation.
- 2016 Safety Meeting - Poole. Presentation - 2016 Safety Meeting Power Point Presentation
- 2017 Safety Meeting - BTC. Presentation - 2017 Safety Meeting Power Point Presentation
British Rowing Safety Information/Incident Reporting Click on the"RowSafe" to go directly to the RowSafe pages on the British Rowing Web Site.
The New BR Web Site - December, 2015 - guidance on how to find/access the Safety pages and Incident Reporting - on the new BR Web site can be downloaded here
Incident Reporting - to report an incident on the BR Incident Reporting System - click here.
Information. Some of this information will take you to a different web site.
- BR Capsize Drill. You can currently view the BR Capsize Drill on UTube - but BR are threatening to have this removed as its was posted unofficially - so not sure how long it will be there! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcPE8-gENLo.
- Rowers using the Tideway. Please see below an excellent video link for rowers using the Tideway. It's a silent presentation on you tube and is ideal for briefing all but particularly new and inexperienced users. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHeJ0M3L4ok
- Also - you can download the equally excellent Tideway Code here.
- Collision Avoidance video. A video on Collision Avoidance, produced by Stephen Worley of WEARA and the GB Hon. Safety Adviser can be viewed by clicking here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhaI1G3R7jE .
- Flexible Clogs
- Heel Restraints Poster
- Cold Water Survival
- Boat Handling in Rough Water
- Weil’s Disease
- General Maintenance RNLI publication - caring for your Life Jacket.
- Re packing. Video.
- Checking for Wear and Tear
The need to wear a crotch strap with lifejackets - the consequences and result when they are not (U Tube clip) -
CLUB and EVENT SAFETY ADVISERS. (unless specifically advised it is assumed that the CWSA is also the Clubs Event Safety advisers).
|Steve Lloyd West||Southamptonfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Emma Crump||Bournemouth University BC||EmmaCrump92@gmail.com|
|Richard Boulton||Bryanston Schoolemail@example.com|
|Ian Dryden||Canford Schoolfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Gill McLean||Worthing Rowing Clubemail@example.com|
Westover & Bournemouth)
Dolphin Rowing Club.
|Stephen Bull||Ryde Regattafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mick Gisborne||Southsea Regatta|
|Mike Green||Head of the Stour Regattaemail@example.com|
|Pete Lock||Lymington/Milford Regatta.||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mike Green||Christchurch Regattaemail@example.com|
|Ryan Dudley||Poole Regattafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|James Thompson||Shanklin Regattaemail@example.com|
|Tom Schofield||Coalporters Regattafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Steve Lloyd-West||Woolston Regattaemail@example.com|
|Peter Lamb||Bournemouth Regattafirstname.lastname@example.org|
Southampton Coastal HORR
Itchen Imperial Regatta